Frequently Asked Questions

For Victory W2 Employees

Does Victory take out taxes?

Victory will only automatically take the appropriate taxes out of the paychecks of our W2 employees.

Also reference “Will I recieve a 1099 or a W2?” below.

Why does my paycheck come from Armada Technologies, LLC?

Armada Technologies is the staffing and payroll software company that Victory utilizes.

Will I receive a 1099 or W2?

If you do not reside in California and are issued payment by Victory any amount exceeding $600 within the calendar year, you will receive a 1099. This is because you were booked with Victory as an Independent Contractor and we did not automatically take taxes out of your paycheck.

If you reside in the state of California, we ask you to provide the required information found on an I9 tax form before you work any gig with us. If you filled this out and received payment for a gig within the year, you will receive a W2.

*There may be very few exceptions to this guideline. If you still are not sure if you are W2 or 1099, please email us at and we will verify for you!

Do California residents have a different pay schedule?

California residents who are contracted to receive a W2 are paid on a bi-monthly pay cycle.

Pay is released on the 15th and 30th of every month. Keep in mind, that doesn’t exactly mean if your event ends on the 14th you will receive your pay on the 15th of the month. It takes us a couple of days to close out our business, so you might receive your payment on the next pay cycle.

Why do I have to provide photo identification?

As a W2 eligible employee, we ask that you to submit the required information found on an I9 tax form, which includes a photo submission of one or two unexpired documents from the list provided.

Also reference “I do not have a passport.  What can I do?” below.

How long does it take for my tax information to be approved?

As a general rule, a team member at Victory will review your tax info within 1-2 business days.

How can I access my end of year tax forms?

If you did not reside at any time within the state of California and were paid over $600 within the year, you will receive a 1099.

  • A tracked 1099 is emailed to the address we have on file.

If you did reside in California and were paid any amount, you will receive a W2.

  • This form is mailed to the mailing address we have on file. If you would like to request an electronic copy, please email
I already submitted my tax info this year, but I need to update my selections. How can I submit my changes?

No problem!

Please email us at letting us know that you need to make a change and we will assist you.

My tax info was rejected. Now what?

Not to worry! We’ll just need you to revise and resubmit.

If your tax info is rejected, you will receive a pop up notification on your phone and an email. Both will outline the specific reason why your information was rejected and what you’ll need to edit before you can resubmit.

Once you open the app, we will automatically direct you to the tax info page where you can make changes. If you need to retake photos of your documents, simply press the trash icon on the photo you need to replace and then retake or re-upload the photo.

My name on my identification doesn't match the name I provided on my profile. What should I do?

We’ll need your profile to read your legal first and last name so that we can issue your payment properly.

If you registered using a stage name or otherwise, you can update your first and last name in the app by selecting Settings > First Name & Last Name > Update Changes.

Will I receive my payment via direct deposit the first time?

Your first payment after updating your bank account info might still be delivered via paper check. Once you submit your bank account routing and account number, our system will issue a test payment to make sure we have the correct account. This test may take up to one pay cycle to complete.

I do not have a passport. What can I do?

That’s easy! If you do not have an unexpired passport, you can select “No” in the app and provide two alternative forms of ID.

The acceptable forms of identification are provided in the app. You can also see them listed below. You must provide one option from List B and one option from List C.

List B:

  • Driver’s License
  • ID Card
  • School ID Card with a photograph
  • Voter’s registration card
  • US Military card or draft record
  • Military dependent’s ID card
  • US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
  • Native American tribal document

List C:

  • A social security account number card, unless the card includes one of the following restrictions:
  • Certification of report of birth
  • Original or certified copy of certificate
  • Native American tribal document
  • US Citizen ID card (Form I-197)
How do I submit my 2019 tax info?

If your 2019 tax info has not been completed and you have a mailing address listed in CA, the app will automatically prompt you to submit the form. You will not be able to apply for gigs until this has been completed.

If the app does not automatically navigate you to the 2019 tax info form, please double check the following:

1. You have the most updated version of the app installed on your phone
2. Verify your mailing address is in the state of California by clicking Payments > Update Payment Info > Save.

If you have checked both of these and still are not prompted to fill out the tax form, please send us an email to and we will get this corrected for you ASAP!

How can I view my paystubs?

To view your paystubs, you must create an account through our payment portal, Paylocity.

You can access the payment portal here.

Download a step-by-step guide on how to view paystubs by clicking here, or click here to watch a tutorial video.

Didn’t find what you were looking for?

Drop us a line!  We’ll get back to you ASAP.

Send us an e-mail

Ask us your question with as much detail as possible and we’ll respond ASAP!

Give us a ring

Call us at the office and we’ll walk you through anything you might need.

Our office hours are
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm Eastern
Ask for the App Support team